Group 1: Peer Critiques.
Group 1: stories returned, with corrections and provisional grades.
Distribute Group 2 stories.
Fiction Exercise 2: There are places I remember
There are some stories – Janet Frame’s ‘The Bedjacket,’ for instance – which could only take place in their present settings.
- Think of a place you know very well. It can be in the country or the town: a street, a field, a forest, a house – anywhere you like, really.
- Think of a person you know very well: a relative or close friend (NB: They needn’t have any connection with the place you’ve just thought of).
- Now, imagine that you’re taking a walk through the place you know so well with the person you know so well.
- Imagine that person is telling you about the place – write down what he or she says, including your own responses.
(maximum: one page – minimum: one paragraph)
- Group 3: Workshop Story Due. Bring enough copies for the entire class
- Group 2: Peer Critiques